The appreciation and understanding of history makes working with tangible heritage so enthralling.
James Weir MA (Oxon) PgDipSurv,
PgCertArchHist FRSA IHBC
James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant is committed to taking all necessary steps and precautions to protect your private information. The website is secured with an SSL Certificate and all data is encrypted when sent through the website so your information remains safe.
This Notice is relevant to all data subjects whose personal data is collected in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to collection/processing their personal data and that their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
The personal data we would like to record and process on you is:
- Correspondence Address
- Address of property relating to our services, if different from above
- Phone Number
- Email address(es)
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To reply to enquiries about our services
- For the professional fulfilment of the services as instructed by you, including working with third parties on your behalf (such as architects other consultants)
- For the account and full payment of the services undertaken.
Our legal basis for processing the above personal data is as follows:
- Taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you
- Performance of the contract to provide heritage-related/surveying services as instructed by you
- Our legitimate interests in ensuring client satisfaction and improving our services.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us are as follows:
- To share your data from your original enquiry made to us either by phone, online website form, email, paper letter, in person or from a third-party source, with third parties relevant to the instruction as identified by you
- To store your data electronically and in paper form indefinitely in case of needing future reference to historical instruction details
- To contact you by phone, email and paper communications to be able to make all the necessary arrangements for the performance of the instruction
- To visit you at your home address, or at another relevant property, as might be required for the fulfilment of the instruction
- To contact you after the instruction has been completed to ask for feedback either directly or through an online form
- To contact you by phone, email, letter or in person regarding payment of the account and, if the payment terms are not met, to pass on your details to an appropriate debt collection agency.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may contact us at any time to discuss or request more information as to why and how the information above will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant will not pass on your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
With your consent, the following third parties may receive your personal data as part of the fulfilment of the instruction:
- Other parties identified by you as being relevant to the instruction (e.g. architects, planning consultants, contractors, Local Planning Authority staff etc.)
Storage of Data
Your data is held in full for the duration of the contract and indefinitely thereafter in line with legal requirements and in case of need for future reference.
Your data is stored and secured electronically and in paper-file format which is stored securely. Data back-up is achieved through a cloud-storage platform achieving ISO 27018 standard, the internationally recognised standard for leading practices in cloud privacy and data protection.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing, your personal data, you, the data subject have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information which we hold about you
- Right of rectification - you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processing
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- Right to judicial remedy - without prejudice to any available administrative or non-judicial remedy, including the right to lodge a complaint (see below), you have the right to an effective judicial remedy if you consider that your rights under this Regulation have been infringed as a result of the processing of your personal data in non-compliance with this Regulation.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office) and James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant.
Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as: ‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.’
How we use your information
The Privacy Notice tells you how we, James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant, will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why does James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a complete and professional service we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for our own marketing purposes, we would contact you for separate consent.
Will James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third parties identified by you as being relevant to the performance of any services we provide. Any third parties with which we may share your data are obliged to keep your details securely and generally comply with the requirements of the GDPR. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data on to another third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant use the personal data it collects about me?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant contact me?
We will contact you to obtain information regarding the services you require and thereafter for the purposes of performing any services instructed. Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
At your request, James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of James Weir Historic Buildings Consultant or a third party, information about those interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed (these can also be found in the Privacy Notice)
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipient that the data is/will be disclosed to
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time